Now I have reach the Alpha stage my next milestone is the final presentation and cinematic. So my focus is on improving the textures, materials, lighting, and polishing the environment.
But first I have re-evaluated my original plan since light mapping took longer than expected and here is the new version from week 9 and onwards, as you can see I have devoted a week to get light mapping complete and from the feedback I got from my alpha presentation the first thing I needed to do is get a lighting pass complete, this is one of the things I really dislike about UDK and looking back at it now I wish I worked with another engine such as CryEngine, light mapping takes far too long and is a lot of hassle and is something I could have done without.
However now this is done I have been working on improving my textures and materials to create a much more realistic scene, with the next week or two this should be complete and I can then finalise lighting and my cinematic sequence.


No comments:
Post a Comment